Team Booking pages
ScheduleOnce allows you to create a team Booking page that enables Customers to book a meeting with two or more team members simultaneously. For example, an interviewee booking an interview with both an HR manager and a division head. The Booking page could also be used internally to book staff meetings at a time when all the relevant people are free. See a live demo
In this article, you will create a team Booking page that retrieves availability from members’ calendars that are shared with your connected Calendar account. When a booking is made, the calendar event is created on all team members’ calendars. The team members do not need to be ScheduleOnce Users.
Follow the steps below to create a team Booking page:
1. Team Member calendar sharing: Team members must share their Calendar with your connected Calendar:
- If you are using Google calendar, team members can share their calendar at any level, even the lowest permission level, “See only free busy (hide details)“. Learn more about Google Calendar sharing
- If you are using Outlook calendar, team members must share their calendar with full read/write permissions. Learn more about Outlook Calendar sharing
2. Team member notifications
- Team members can be notified via the calendar invite. For this to happen, you must make sure that the calendar invite is enabled in the Customer notifications section.
- Team members can also configure the notification settings on their calendars:
-- If you are using Google calendar, team members can receive a text (SMS) message or a Calendar invite email when a new booking is made. Learn more about Google Calendar notifications
-- If you are using Outlook calendar, team members can receive automatic calendar reminder alerts, or receive email notifications based on Outlook rules. Learn more about enabling default calendar reminders and managing Outlook rules and alerts.
3. Customize calendar settings
b) Edit the Associated calendars section in your Booking page. In the calendar list, you can see the calendars that your team members have shared with you.The Associated calendars section enables you to select:
- The main calendar in which bookings are created – This is your calendar or the calendar of the person for which you are creating this page.
- One or more calendars from which busy time is retrieved – These are your shared team member calendars.
- Any number of additional calendars to which the calendar event will be added – These are your shared team member calendars.
Important: If you are using the Google calendar integration, additional booking calendars to which the calendar event is added will be listed in the Main booking calendar event as guests. If you are using the Outlook calendar integration, they will not be listed in the Main booking calendar event as guests. A separate calendar event will be generated.
4. Test the page
The page should now show availability when all included team members are free. When a booking is made, a Calendar event will be created in all included team member's calendars.
Note: The above scenario cannot be used with Group sessions. Learn more about conflicting settings
Rate this article