Communicating with your customers
When scheduling bookings, there are many instances where you might wish to send an email or SMS to your Customer. There are several events on the journey to making a booking and ScheduleOnce allows our Users to pick and choose which events their customers are notified about and the delivery method.
For example, you might want to send your Customer an email when a booking is confirmed and an SMS reminder a day before the meeting.
The Customer notification settings can be different for every Booking page or Service.
Customer notifications are set up in a few simple steps:
1) Templates - Use our default templates or create your own
The Default email and SMS templates use ScheduleOnce-written text which provides all important meeting information such as meeting time, location etc...
- You can add the Booking page image to all default customer notification emails, except for the Cancellation by Customer email notification. Including the Team Member’s image allows you to engage with your Customers on a more personal level. This option is enabled by default for all Booking pages created after December, 20th 2015. For Booking pages created before December, 20th 2015, you can enable this option in the Booking page details for each Booking page.
- You can add notes to the Customer’s default confirmation and reminder email templates without changing the rest of the message content via the Customer notifications section.
- If you wish to customize the text or the look and feel of your email and SMS messages to your customers, you can create your own templates via the Notification templates editor. The Notification templates editor is located under Tools in the main menu. Learn more about the differences between Default and Custom templates and Creating Custom templates.
2) Choose your notification scenarios and delivery methods
The Customer notifications section lists all of the possible notification scenarios that can take place throughout the booking lifecycle. Here you select:
- The scenarios - Events that can occur during a booking lifecycle.
- The delivery method - Email, SMS, or both.
- The template - You can choose the Default template or a custom one you created.
This is done via the Customer notifications settings. Go to Booking Pages > Customer notifications settings. If you are using services, the Customer notifications settings are found on the service.
Learn more about:
3) Collect a mobile number for the Customer
If you wish to send SMS alerts to your Customer, you will need to collect a mobile number via the Booking form. To do this, the system field “Customer mobile phone” will need to be added to the Booking form used in the Booking page. Booking forms are created and edited via the Booking forms editor. Go to Tools > Booking forms editor.
Learn more about:
Note: If a customer does not provide a mobile number or types it incorrectly, SMS notifications will not be delivered.
Learn more about Customer notifications:
Rate this article