Prepopulating or skipping the Booking form step in Salesforce integration
When scheduling with existing Salesforce records, you can decide to pre-populate the Booking form step with Salesforce record data or completely skip the Booking form step. Recognizing the Customer by the Salesforce Record ID provides two key benefits:
- On the User side, it allows you to update the correct record, eliminating any chances of updating the wrong record and keeping your CRM data clean.
- On the Customer side, it eliminates the need to ask Customers for information you already have, improving conversion rates and moving leads through the funnel with speed and efficiency.
Recognizing the Salesforce Record ID
You can recognize the Salesforce Record ID in two cases:
- You can use the Salesforce Record ID in our Personalized links (Salesforce ID) to identify your Customers in your Salesforce buttons, Salesforce email templates or email form.
- You can use the Salesforce Record ID to personalize scheduling in landing pages used in your email marketing campaigns. Learn more about using Salesforce Record ID to personalize scheduling in landing pages
Pre-populated Booking form
In this case, Customers will be presented with a Booking form that wthe Booking form uses data stored in your Salesforce CRM, tLearn more about prepopulated Booking forms
The Booking form fields are mapped to Salesforce fields based on the Field validation and the Field mapping steps.
Skipped Booking form
In this case, Customers will not be presented with a Booking form and this step of the booking process will be skipped, resulting in a faster booking process. When hiding the Booking form, the Customer making the booking cannot provide a meeting subject. For this reason, the meeting subject should be defined by the Owner. If you skip the Booking form and still set the subject to be defined by the Customer, ScheduleOnce will automatically generate a meeting subject, such as Meeting with John Smith.
Please note that since the Customer name and Customer email are mandatory fields in ScheduleOnce, the Booking form will not be skipped if these fields are empty in the Salesforce record. In this case, ScheduleOnce will show a pre-populated Booking form instead of hiding the form, so the Customer will have the opportunity to fill out these fields.
In addition, when adding the Mobile phone field to a skipped Booking form with the enable SMS notifications option turned on, the SMS notification opt-in/opt-out will be displayed when the Customer chooses a time for the booking. Booking form skipping can be used with Personalized links, web form integration and login integration. Learn more about SMS notifications
Learn more about Salesforce scheduling buttons:
- Using Salesforce Record ID to identify Customers during the booking process
- Using Salesforce Record ID to personalize scheduling in landing pages
- Using Personalized links (Salesforce ID)
- Salesforce scheduling buttons
- Salesforce scheduling buttons for Contacts, Leads and Cases
- Saleforce scheduling buttons for Person Accounts
- Salesforce scheduling buttons for Opportunities
Rate this article