Working with Salesforce Person Accounts
If you have chosen to setup Person Accounts in your Salesforce organization, your Salesforce Accounts are Person Accounts and you cannot work with the Standard Contact object. Instead, the Person Accounts record stores the information you’d typically save for business contacts, such as first name and last name. Person Accounts can be treated as a contact. Learn more about Salesforce Person Accounts
Currently, the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce integrates with Person Accounts only when they already exist in your Salesforce Account. It means that the connector cannot be used to create new Person Accounts but it can be used to update existing Person Account records.
Working with Person Accounts
You simply need to configure your Booking page to work with Contacts. When a booking is made, the Salesforce Person Account is automatically updated and a Salesforce Event is added.
When scheduling with existing Person Accounts, you can use our Personalized links (Salesforce ID) in your Salesforce buttons, Salesforce email templates or email form to automatically recognize Customers based on the related Salesforce Contact record ID.
Alternatively, you can use the Salesforce Record ID to personalize scheduling in your landing pages.
Working with Leads or Cases
When using Person Accounts, you can still create or update Leads and Cases:
- Your Booking page is configured to work with Leads: When a booking is made, a Salesforce Lead record is automatically created or updated and a Salesforce Event is added. If the Customer already exists as a Person Account in your Salesforce organization, the Person Account is updated and a Salesforce Event is added.
- Your Booking page is configured to work with Cases: When a booking is made, a Salesforce Case record is automatically created or updated and a Salesforce Event is added. The existing Person Account is updated automatically and can be related to the Case record.
Learn more about our integration with Salesforce:
- Connect to Salesforce as a ScheduleOnce User
- Scheduling with your existing Salesforce records
- Connect an API User
- Connect ScheduleOnce to your Salesforce sandbox environment
- Install the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce
- Add custom fields to the Activity Event layout
- Assign the ScheduleOnce permission set to the API User
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to universally required Salesforce fields
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to non-mandatory Salesforce fields
- Salesforce record creation, update and assignment rules
- Supported and non-supported field types in the Salesforce integration
- Troubleshooting Salesforce connector issues
Rate this article