Manual refund via ScheduleOnce
Our Payment integration feature fully handles all payments throughout the booking lifecycle, including manual issuing of refunds.
The ability to refund Customers manually via ScheduleOnce enables you to handle cancellations and requests for reschedule initiated by the User, rather than by the Customer. Issuing manual refunds also allows you to deal with cancellations initiated by the Customer outside of ScheduleOnce. For example, you might want to issue a refund when your Customer notified you via email on a meeting cancellation.
Manual refunds via ScheduleOnce can be issued for any PAID transaction. Manual refunds can be issued directly from the Home page activity stream.
There is a two way synchronization between PayPal and ScheduleOnce for any refunds activity. It is always recommended to refund via ScheduleOnce because a credit invoice is issued and sent to your Customers in the default email notifications and not via PayPal.
- Refunds via ScheduleOnce are accessible in the Home page activity stream and in detailed revenue reports.
- Refunds via PayPal are captured in ScheduleOnce via the PayPal API and are accessible in the Home page activity stream and in detailed revenue reports, giving you full visibility on your refunds activity.
When a refund is issued, the transaction is captured via the PayPal API and is accessible in the Home page activity stream and in detailed revenue reports. Note that refunds made via PayPal are also captured in ScheduleOnce in order to provide full visibility into your transactions.
Note: In order to issue a refund via ScheduleOnce, you must enable the manual processing of refunds via ScheduleOnce and ensure that the User making the refund has the permission to refund via ScheduleOnce. Learn more about the User's profile refund permissions
In this article, you will learn how to issue a manual refund via ScheduleOnce.
To issue a refund via ScheduleOnce, you must:
- Be the Owner or the Editor of the activity
- Have the permission to refund via ScheduleOnce
- Enable the manual processing of refunds via ScheduleOnce
Refunding via ScheduleOnce
To issue a refund via ScheduleOnce:
- Go to the activity in the Home page activity stream and locate the activity.
- Click the Payment details tab.
- Click the Refund link. (See Figure 1)
Enter the amount to refund and click Refund.
Note: The User can also issue a refund when initiating a cancellation or requesting reschedule for any Event type. Learn more about cancelling or requesting reschedule for any Event type
Figure 1: Manual refund
Learn more about our PayPal integration:
- The ScheduleOnce connector for PayPal
- Payment data throughout the entire booking lifecycle
- Connecting your ScheduleOnce account to your PayPal account
- Granting permissions to ScheduleOnce
- Allowing automatic billing
- Customizing Payment settings
- Customizing Refund settings
- Customizing Currency settings
- Customizing Invoice settings
- Disconnecting your ScheduleOnce account from your PayPal account
- Conflicting settings when using Booking with approval
- Troubleshooting Payment integration issues
- Testing the ScheduleOnce connector for PayPal
- The ScheduleOnce transaction fee
Rate this article