Step-by-step setup guide
This step-by-step guide will take you through a typical setup process. Most scheduling scenarios can be configured through this process.
ScheduleOnce is a mature scheduling platform with extremely robust functionality. Our wide range of features allows us to model scenarios with diverse requirements, and cater to a plethora of business situations. This abundance ensures that we have a solution to perfectly match your needs, but it may also come across as overwhelming at first. No worries! You’re in the right place for a smooth and comprehensive setup process.
We recommend that you follow these 10 steps in order to completely set up your account from start to finish. In most cases this is the most efficient process and will save you time and effort. If you are unsure how to proceed at any step, contact us to receive the best game plan.
- Create an account – Click the Free trial button anywhere on ScheduleOnce.com to start a Professional plan account (recommended). If you wish to try out a specific plan, start your free trial from the Pricing page instead. Sign up to get started, and a default setup will be ready for you. Learn more about plans and pricing
- Add Users – If your account will be used by a team, now is a good time to invite additional Users to join. Adding all Users is not necessary – three is a good number for your trial, and you can always add more later. Skip this step if it’s just going to be you using the account. Learn more about Users management
- Calendar integration – Connecting a calendar is not required for ScheduleOnce to operate. However, we recommend that each User connects their account to their calendar to retrieve busy time and add bookings. Outlook, Exchange, Office 365, Google, or iCloud calendars can be connected on the Calendar integration page. Skip this step if you are not connecting a calendar. Learn more about Calendar integrations
- Event types – Create as many Event types as you need. Each Event type represents a specific kind of meeting, with specific settings such as duration, price, subject and others. Once you have defined one Event type, you can duplicate it and modify as needed. Skip this step only if you do not want to use Event types (not recommended). Learn more about Event types
- Booking pages – A Booking page is a web page that will be published or shared with Customers, where they will be able to schedule with a person or resource. Each Booking page may offer different Event types and availability. We recommend associating your Booking page with one or more Event types. Once you have defined all the Booking page settings, you can view the page by opening its Public link. Check how it works by making some test bookings. If you need more Booking pages you can duplicate the page and modify as required. Learn more about Booking pages
- Optional: Master pages – A Master page is an aggregator that allows you to provide your Customers with a single link that includes several Booking pages and Event types on one page. We recommend using Master pages with Event types. Select which Booking pages will be included, the best flow for your Customers, and how bookings will be assigned to Users. You can view your Master page by opening its Public link. Check how it works by making some test bookings. Skip this step if you don't need to aggregate your Booking pages into a single point of access. Learn more about Master pages
- Optional: Branding and Tools – You can customize and brand your Customer scheduling experience by using the rich features available under the Tools menu. Using these tools, you can edit your Themes, Booking forms, and Notification templates.
- Optional: Integrations – You can integrate ScheduleOnce with your Salesforce CRM, Infusionsoft CRM, GoToMeeting web conferencing, WebEx web conferencing, PayPal payment, or integrate via Zapier with any other app that is part of your business process. Integrations sometimes need patience to configure properly, and some trial and error may be unavoidable. If you encounter integration issues and are in need of assistance, please contact us. Learn more about integrations
- Share & Publish – Once you are happy with your pages, it’s time to promote them. You can share your Booking pages and Master pages with your Customers by sending them a Public link. You can also publish your pages on your website. Learn more about sharing and publishing
- Monitor and manage – Once your setup is complete and your pages are shared and published, you may start receiving bookings. Monitor and manage your bookings in your connected calendar, your email and SMS notifications, or the Activity stream on the home page of the app. You can also periodically analyze your bookings with our extensive reporting section.
Congratulations, your setup is complete!
Once again, if you are unsure how to proceed at any step, contact us – Our customer success managers are experts at answering any questions you may have.
- Getting started
- Common configuration scenarios
- Sharing and publishing in a nutshell
- ScheduleOnce Integrations in a nutshell
- ScheduleOnce Tools in a nutshell
- Notifications to Customers
- Introduction to calendar integration
- Introduction to Booking forms
- Introduction to branding
- Introduction to ScheduleOnce video
Rate this article