ScheduleOnce provides two options for controlling the number of sessions submitted per booking:
- Single session: The Customer books a single session when making a booking. This is the default mode.
- Session package: The Customer must book an exact number of sessions in one booking. You can choose from one to twenty sessions per booking.
Session packages allow you to offer your customers the opportunity to schedule multiple sessions at once. This is a great way to entice your customers to make a longer term commitment to your services. When scheduling with you, your customers will pick a number of different time slots that suit them and will only be required to provide their details once. See a demo
Upon submission, multiple sessions will be automatically created and the Customer and the Owner receive one consolidated notification with all sessions made via the single booking process.
Customers can easily cancel or reschedule one or more sessions in the Session package, subject to the Customer’s cancellation and reschedule policies, without affecting the other scheduled sessions. This feature is very useful when you want to allow Customers to book multiple sessions at once, quickly and easily.
The Booking page Administrator can cancel/reschedule a single session within a Session package at any point. This action is executed from the Home page activity stream where each session is listed individually.
The setting that controls Session packages is the Single or multiple sessions option in the Scheduling options section. The location of this section depends on whether you are working with or without service.
In this article you will learn the rules for Session packages and how Session packages work with and without Services:
Rules for Session packages
- Session packages are only available if you are using the Automatic booking mode.
- All sessions booked in a Session package must be made for one specific Service or Booking page. Splitting sessions between Booking pages or Services is not allowed. When you are using multiple Services or Booking pages, you need to define the Session package setting for each Service and Booking page.
- Session packages will not work with Pooled availability. Learn more
- Session packages will not work with any limitation on the number of bookings per day or the number of bookings per week. It can only work with unlimited bookings per day or week and vice versa. Learn more
- When the Customer opens and saves an ICS file, it creates a series of calendar events for their personal calendar. Each calendar event is independent and has a single time and Cancel/Reschedule link.
- All Customer emails, including confirmation, cancellation, and reschedule, include a Conferencing info link next to each selected time. When the Customer clicks on the link, the scheduling confirmation page opens as if a single booking was made, displaying the full booking details including web conferencing information.
- Every email reminder that the Customer receives will include the full booking details, including the web conferencing information, as if a single session was booked.
- All calendar events for the Owner and Customer include the complete web conferencing information for each session.
Session packages when working without Services
The setting that controls Session packages is the Single or multiple sessions option in the Scheduling options> section. When working without Services, this section is located at Configuration -> Booking pages tab -> Select your Booking page -> Scheduling options.
Session packages when working with Services
The setting that controls Session packages is the Single or multiple sessions option in the Scheduling options> section. When working with Services, this section is located at Configuration -> Services tab -> Select the service -> Scheduling options.
When working with Services, payment settings can be defined for the specific service configured to Session packages. In the Payment and Cancel/Reschedule section you can set-up a service price for the whole package
Session packages with Payment integration
If your Session packages are linked to Services, you can make use of our comprehensive Payment integration. Session packages with Payment integration is a very powerful combination as it allows you to entice customers to commit to, and pay upfront for a number of sessions at once. Therefore, in addition to creating and building customer commitment, Session packages with Payment also allow you to generate an additional revenue stream. This also gives you the opportunity to offer your customers discounted prices.
Consider the example below:
Say you are charging $100 for a single consultation session. With Session packages you can offer customers 10 sessions for the price of $800. This means that rather than paying $100 for each session, customers pay $80 for each session, therefore a discount of $20 per session (or $200 overall).
With Payment integration you can automatically collect payment from Customers for all sessions in one go. This is done on the package level rather than collecting payment per session. With our Payment integration, you can also configure the Customer’s cancellation/reschedule policies to automatically handle rescheduling fees and refunds. Rescheduling fees and refunds are set at the session level. Therefore, while service price is set at the package level, the rescheduling fee and refund are set at the session level.
Finally, with Payment integration you can also choose to manually refund Customers who paid for a Session package at any point in time. This action is executed from Home > Package tab> Payment details tab. Learn more about refund settings
Consider the example below:
- You may configure a Session package of 3 sessions to have a service price of $150 (i.e. a relative cost of $50 for each session).
- When defining your rescheduling policy, you may specify that customers should pay a reschedule fee which equates to 10% of the relative cost of each session whenever they reschedule. This means that if a customer reschedules one session she will be required to pay $5 (10% of the relative cost of one session) and if a customer reschedules three sessions she will be required to pay $15 (10% of the relative cost of three sessions).
- Similarly, when defining your cancellation policy, you may specify that customer will receive a refund which equates to 50% of the relative cost of each session whenever they cancel. This means that if a customer cancels one session she will be refunded $25 (50% of the relative cost of one session) and if a customer cancels three sessions she will be refunded $75 (50% of the relative cost of three sessions).
- If at any point throughout the booking lifecycle a refund is deemed necessary, you may decide to issue the Customer a manual refund. The amount of refund is completely up to you and does not have to be relative to the cost of a single session.
Rate this article