Manual refund via ScheduleOnce
Our Payment integration feature fully handles all payments throughout the booking lifecycle, including manual issuing of refunds.
The ability to refund Customers manually via ScheduleOnce enables you to:
- Handle cancellations and requests for reschedule initiated by the User, rather than by the Customer.
- Deal with cancellations initiated by the Customer outside of ScheduleOnce. For example, you might want to issue a refund when your Customer notified you via email of a meeting cancellation.
You can issue manual refunds within ScheduleOnce for any paid transaction directly from the Home page Activity stream. Refunds issued via ScheduleOnce are accessible in the Home page Activity stream and in detailed Revenue reports.
Note: In order to issue a refund via ScheduleOnce, you must enable the manual processing of refunds via ScheduleOnce and ensure that the User making the refund has the permission to refund via ScheduleOnce. Learn more about the User's profile refund permissions
In this article, you will learn how to issue a manual refund via ScheduleOnce.
To issue a refund via ScheduleOnce, you must:
- Be the Owner or the Editor of the activity
- Have the permission to refund via ScheduleOnce
- Enable the manual processing of refunds via ScheduleOnce
Refunding via ScheduleOnce
To issue a refund via ScheduleOnce:
- Go to the Home page Activity stream and locate the activity.
- Click the Payment details tab.
- Click the Refund link. (See Figure 1)
Enter the amount to refund and click Refund.
Note: The User can also issue a refund when initiating a cancellation or requesting reschedule for any Event type. Learn more about cancelling or requesting reschedule for any Event type
Figure 1: Manual refund
Refunding manually via PayPal
Refunds issued via PayPal are also captured in ScheduleOnce via the PayPal API and are accessible in the Home page Activity stream and in detailed Revenue reports, giving you full visibility on your refunds activity. It is always recommended to refund via ScheduleOnce, and not via PayPal, because a credit invoice is issued and sent to your Customers in the default email notifications.
Learn more about our PayPal integration:
- The ScheduleOnce connector for PayPal
- Payment integration throughout the booking lifecycle
- Connecting ScheduleOnce to PayPal
- Granting permissions to ScheduleOnce
- Allowing automatic billing
- Customizing payment settings
- Customizing refund settings
- Customizing currency settings
- Customizing invoice settings
- Disconnecting your ScheduleOnce account from your PayPal account
- Automatic refunds via ScheduleOnce
- Conflicting settings when using Payment integration
- Troubleshooting Payment integration issues
- Testing the ScheduleOnce connector for PayPal
- The ScheduleOnce transaction fee
Rate this article