Adding and editing Users
User management allows you to add, edit or delete Users. Only administrators can manage Users.
For help in adding, editing, and deleting Users, see this video:
In this article, you will learn how to add and edit Users in your account. You can access the Users section from the profile image or initials in the top right corner.
Let’s assume you have already purchased multiple User licenses.
- Go to Account -> Users. In the Users tab, click the New user button.
In the Add a new user page, type the new User's name and email address. This is the email address to which the invitation will be sent. The selected email address will also be used by the User to sign-in.
Important: The only exception to this is if you have installed ScheduleOnce from the G Suite Marketplace. In this case, all Users that you add must have an account on your G Suite domain, and you must enter their G Suite email during this step. If you are using ScheduleOnce for G Suite and would like to add Users who don't have a G Suite account on your domain, you should sign up for ScheduleOnce from our website or create a G Suite account for those Users.
- Next select the User type - a Member or an Administrator.
When you select the User type, you can also decide what the new User can or cannot perform:
- If the new User is an Administrator: When using Payment integration and your payment settings enable manual refund, the new Administrator can be granted permission to process refunds from ScheduleOnce. By default, this option is checked in the User settings when a new Administrator is added.
If the new User is a Member: By default, a new Member is allowed to create Booking pages. The administrator can change these default settings at any point by editing the User profile for that member within Users settings. When using Payment integration and your payment settings enable manual refund, the new Member can be granted permission to process refunds from ScheduleOnce. By default, this option is unchecked in the User settings when a new Member is added.
- Assign Booking pages to the new User. When you assign a Booking page to a User, you are also setting the User's access role with respect to that Booking page. The User can be an Owner, an Editor, a Viewer or have no access. Learn more about Booking page access permissions
- Click on Create user and send invitation.
An email invitation is sent to the User. The User can click the invitation link in the email and sign-in. Invitation emails can be customized using the Notification template editor. You can either create your own invitation template from scratch, or you can simply tweak the default template by changing the wording a bit, adding a logo and changing anything else you wish to.
Note: Invitation sign-in links are valid for 24 hours. The admin can resend the email invitation by clicking Resend invitation next to the User’s name on the Users page. This will reset the 24 hour expiration period.
Updating a User
The User's type and Booking page access role can always be updated by clicking on the User's profile in the User tab. The Administrator will be able to make the desired changes and save. This automatically sends a notification to the user.
Please note that when you want to change the ownership of a Booking page, you must first access the User profile of the User receiving the Booking page ownership, rather than the original Owner’s profile. A Booking page must always have an Owner, so you need to assign it to another User. This automatically removes ownership from the original Owner.
Rate this article