Booking page ownership
The ownership of Booking pages can be changed by any Administrator. There are two ways to assign ownership of a Booking page to a user:
- Go to Account -> Users -> Relevant User -> Booking pages. In this section, you can determine which Booking pages the specific User owns.
- Go to Setup -> Relevant Booking page -> Overview section. Here you can edit the specific Booking page's Owner.
Users can be connected to various applications: a calendar, a web conferencing solution, and also a CRM system. When you assign Booking pages, you might experience inconsistencies in application connections.
There are three assignment scenarios:
1. When you assign Booking page ownership to a new User
In this case, the new User profile does not yet exist. The Administrator invites the User to join the organization’s account and at the same time assigns ownership of one or more Booking pages. Booking pages remain enabled even if the Owner has not signed up yet.
It is recommended that the new User review the settings of the Booking page, and especially the Associated calendars section, to ensure that the desired calendars are selected.
2. When both the original and new Owners of a Booking page are not connected to any application or they are connected to the same application
In this case, the transfer of ownership is seamless. If both the original and new Owners of a Booking page are connected to the same account within a specific application, they will remain connected and no action is required.
3. When there are connection differences between the original and new Owner of a Booking page
In this case, the original Owner will be disconnected from the applications. When you update the changes in the new Owner’s User profile, a message appears indicating the changes that will occur upon transfer of ownership.
There are three disconnection scenarios that can occur:
- When disconnecting from a calendar, the Booking section is reset to its default settings. The Booking page is set to Booking with approval with unlimited bookings per slot and unlimited bookings per day. The Time slot duration setting is set to 15 minutes and Starting times for time slots is set every 15 minutes.
- When disconnecting from a Web conferencing application, the Location section of the Booking page is automatically set to the ‘Don't use a meeting location’ option. You will need to update the Location settings manually.
- When disconnecting from a CRM, the Booking pages will not create or update records in the CRM.
Rate this article