Pooled availability - Find member by time
ScheduleOnce has two options for using pooled availability: Find member by time and Automatic assignment. This article explains the Find member by time option. Learn about Automatic assignment
In Find member by time, the Customer selects a time from a combined calendar and sees all members that are available at that time. Find by time comes in handy when there are many members or when members are equally capable and the selection of time is more important than the selection of a member. Find by time is not limited to members only—it can be used with resources, locations or anything that a Booking page represents.
Take the following steps to create a Master page with find member by time:
- Create a Booking page for each member, resource, or any other entity that you would like to automatically assign. Do not configure any Booking page settings yet.
- To use pooled availability, you must use at least one Event type to create commonality in the booking settings. You can use multiple Event types or a single Event type if you only have one meeting type. If you use one Event type, it will be automatically selected and it will be completed transparent to your Customers. The name of the single Event type should be the subject of your appointment. For example, if you are offering a free consultation, name the single Event type "Free consultation." Please note that all Event types used in Pooled availability must use Automatic booking mode. Pooled availability is not possible in Booking with approval mode.
- Associate your Event types with your Booking pages in the Event types section of the Booking page. If you have created a single Event type, all Booking pages that participate in Pooled availability should be linked to this Event type.
- You can now complete the rest of the settings on the Booking pages and the Event types. Please note that if you have Booking pages with different time zones, the setting for using time zones with your Customers (in the Time slot settings section) must be enabled.
- Go back to Setup and create your Master page. Be sure to select "With Event types" as the Master page type.
- In the Included Booking pages section, select the Booking pages that should be included in the page.
- Go to the Flow and assignment section and define the Public labels your customers will see and select the Find member by time option in the Scheduling flow section.
- You can also define selection instructions for your Customers.
- To see the page in action, click the live link in the Master page's Overview section.
Rate this article