The Website button is one of our powerful Publishing options. The button can be added to any page on your website, allowing your Customers to schedule without leaving your website. This handy scheduling method creates an effective call to action, motivating your leads and prospects to schedule with you. The button text and design can be customized, and the scheduling lightbox is fully brandless.
ScheduleOnce is the only scheduling platform that can handle the lightbox height in one of two ways:
- Fixed height: This is the default option and height is set to 580 pixels. You can change the default height to any number you wish by changing the height property in the code.
- Responsive height: This will automatically adjust the height to the frame content. To use this method you must delete the height property in the code.
Learn more about customization
Adding a scheduling button to web pages is an effective solution for several business flows:
- Offer scheduling to any site visitor.
- Offer scheduling selectively - only to prospects who fill out your web form.
- Offer scheduling even more selectively - only to top prospects based on your criteria.
To add the Website buttons to your website, you will need:
- A ScheduleOnce Member or Administrator.
- A webmaster or direct access to your company website’s code.
How to add a Website button to your website
Log in to ScheduleOnce and go to Share & Publish.
From the Website button tab, select a button type. There are two types of buttons (see Figure 1):
- : The width is determined by the button text. Height is 40px. This button is a standard HTML button and can be positioned anywhere on the page.
Add a floating button: The width is determined by the button text. This button is a standard HTML button with a fixed position. When pasting the code in an unrestricted location it should show on the bottom right corner of the page.
Figure 1: Standard button and floating button
- In the Configure step, select the button color and enter the button text.
- Select the Booking page or Master page for your website button.
- The standard website button: Copy and paste the button code into your web page where you want the button to show.
- The floating button: Copy and paste the button code into your web page where you want the button to show. It is recommended to paste the button code at the end of the page code (before the closing body tag - </body>)
- In the Customer data step, choose to have Customers fill out the Booking form, or select a Web form integration option.
From the Button code step, choose the display type. There are two types of display:
- Open in a lightbox. By selecting this option, the Booking page will be displayed in a lightbox, on top of your web page.
- Open in a new page. By selecting this option, the Booking page will be displayed in a new browser tab.
Note: You must replace the Website button code added to your web pages if you change the Website button settings. However, you can always edit the Booking page settings, Master page settings, and the theme design without updating the code on your web pages.
- You're done! Now simply copy the code and paste into your website just before the closing </body> tag.
- Optional: If you have some basic understanding of CSS, consider applying further customization (button design and lightbox height), on top of the aforementioned core settings.
The button and lightbox are an HTML 5 app and will not work optimally on old browsers such as IE 8. Learn more about our System requirements
Rate this article