Working with Salesforce Record types
Record types allow the Salesforce Administrator to manage multiple business processes, show different picklist values, and page layouts to different Salesforce Users. Learn more about creating Record types
Record types can be used in various ways, for example:
- Create record types for Leads to differentiate your regular sales deals from your Partner’s generated leads and offer different picklist values for each.
- Create record types for Cases to display different page layouts for Customer support cases versus billing cases.
- Create record types for Activity Events to differentiate scheduled events via ScheduleOnce from scheduled events via direct sales calls by using different picklist values.
When Salesforce Record Types are set for Activity Events, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Case records in your Booking page, the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce will create a new record according your settings. This means that when a booking is made, new records are created with an associated Record Type in your Salesforce organization.
Important note: When using Record types with Lead or Case processes, ScheduleOnce uses the default values set under the Lead process or Case process for the Lead status or Case status standard fields. This is set automatically in the Salesforce setup wizard > Field validation
In this article you will learn how to configure Salesforce Record Types for Booking pages you own or edit and how to assign the Record Type to the Salesforce User's Profile.
To configure the Salesforce Record Types for your Booking pages:
To assign Salesforce Record Types to the Salesforce User's Profile, you must be a Salesforce Administrator.
Configuring Salesforce Record Types
You should ensure that ScheduleOnce Users connected to Salesforce are associated with the correct Record Types in your Salesforce organization.Salesforce Record Types are made available for a specific Salesforce User when enabled in the Profile or Permission set.
- Log into ScheduleOnce.
- In the Setup tab, choose a Booking page and select the Edit option.
- Select the Salesforce settings option in the sidebar.
- Select the Record Type that should be assigned to the Lead, Account, Contact, Event, and Case objects
Assigning Salesforce Record Types to the Salesforce User's Profile
- Login to Salesforce as an Administrator
- In your Salesforce Setup page, go to Manage Users > Profiles.
- Select the Profile that is assigned to the Salesforce User connected to ScheduleOnce
- From the Record Type Settings section, click Edit next to the Object you want to modify.
- From the Record type settings for the Object, select the Record type values you want to make available in ScheduleOnce.
Learn more about our integration with Salesforce:
- Connect to Salesforce as a ScheduleOnce User
- Scheduling with your existing Salesforce records
- Connect an API User
- Connect ScheduleOnce to your Salesforce sandbox environment
- Install the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce
- Add custom fields to the Activity Event layout
- Assign the ScheduleOnce permission set to the API User
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to universally required Salesforce fields
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to non-mandatory Salesforce fields
- Salesforce record creation, update and assignment rules
- Supported and non-supported field types in the Salesforce integration
- Troubleshooting Salesforce connector issues
Rate this article