User action: Cancel or reschedule in Google Calendar
When you are connected to a Google Calendar, you can select whether changes made in your connected calendar are reflected in ScheduleOnce or not. To adjust the setting, sign into your ScheduleOnce account, and navigate to Setup, open left sidebar, then select Integrations -> Calendar integration.
ScheduleOnce Google Calendar integration settings
Event cancellation in your connected Google CalendarIf you delete a calendar event created by a ScheduleOnce booking while the first checkbox in the Google Calendar actions setting above is checked - the booking will be automatically canceled in ScheduleOnce. The following actions are performed, as if you (the User) canceled the booking in ScheduleOnce:
- Your Customer receives a cancellation notification.
- The event is deleted from your calendar, and the time is set to Available.
- If you are using any other integrations (like CRM, Web conferencing or Zapier) – they are updated with the cancellation.
- If you are using Payment integration, no refund is issued. If your Customer is entitled to a refund, you can refund them manually via ScheduleOnce or via PayPal.
If you delete a calendar event created by a ScheduleOnce booking while the first checkbox in the Google Calendar actions setting above is unchecked - the booking remains unchanged in ScheduleOnce, no email notifications are sent and no integrations are updated.
When moving a booking in your connected calendar, you are actually rescheduling on behalf of your Customer. Therefore, the change of time must be coordinated with your Customer. No email notifications are sent to you or your Customer.
Reschedule in your connected Google Calendar
Note: In cases of a Panel meetings, if the Primary team member moves a booking in their connected calendar, the booking is automatically rescheduled for all panel member - that means for both the Primary team member and all Additional team members.
The second checkbox in the Google Calendar actions setting above determines how ScheduleOnce is updated with the new time of the event:
- While the checkbox is checked – ScheduleOnce booking time is updated immediately, all reminders are sent on schedule, and all integrations (CRM, Web conferencing, Zapier and Payment) are updated as well. The status of future events is changed to "Rescheduled".
- While the checkbox is unchecked – ScheduleOnce booking time is only updated when the next reminder is due, subsequent reminders are sent on schedule, and all integrations are not updated.
Note: The reschedule functionality described above will only work when events are modified in the same calendar. Modifications in Additional booking calendars are disregarded.
In all cases described above, your Customer’s calendar will be updated or not, depending on your choice in Google’s “Send updates?” or "Delete event?" dialog box. Make sure to click “Send” or "Delete & update guests" button, so that your Customer’s calendar is updated.
Customer's calendar event
Learn more about the Customer's calendar event
Rate this article