Booking page: Associated calendars
The Associated calendars section is the heart of our integration with your calendar. You must be using ScheduleOnce with a connected calendar to be able to configure the Associated calendars section of your Booking page. Learn more about why you should connect your calendar
The Associated calendars section utilizes all possible integration points, enabling you to select:
- The main calendar in which bookings are created
- One or more calendars from which busy time is retrieved
- Any number of additional calendars to which the Calendar event can be added.
The Associated calendars section is located by going to Setup -> Relevant Booking page -> Associated calendars.
This is the calendar in which bookings are created via the direct ScheduleOnce connection to your Calendar. The main booking calendar column lists all the calendars in your account. These can be your calendars, or depending on the calendar you are connected to, the calendars of others who have shared their calendars with you. To be able to book in a main booking calendar, you must have full read/write permissions to this calendar.
The main calendar in which bookings are created
Busy time retrievalThe second column is where you select the calendars from which ScheduleOnce retrieves busy time. By default, the main booking calendar in which bookings are created is also the calendar from which busy time is retrieved. Note that this cannot be changed and is necessary in order to ensure you are not double booked and to control the number of bookings per slot.
You can select any number of additional calendars in the busy time retrieval column. These can be any calendars displayed in the list, with any level of permission: your calendars, calendars that were shared with you, or public calendars like a holiday calendar.
The third setting is where you select the additional booking calendars to which the Calendar event is automatically added. Please note that if the additional booking calendar is a third-party calendar feed - it cannot accept bookings. There are two possible scenarios:
Additional booking calendars
- The additional booking calendar is a calendar that you own in your connected calendar account. In this case, the Calendar event will be created in the calendar and you will not receive a calendar invite.
- The additional booking calendar is shared with your connected calendar account: In this case the Calendar event will be created in the shared calendar and the calendar Owner can receive a calendar invite if the calendar invite is enabled in the Customer notifications section. In addition, Owners of shared calendars can configure their calendar to notify them when a booking is made.
Why is busy time not blocking my availability in ScheduleOnce?
There may be a number of reasons.
Why are all-day events not blocking my availability in ScheduleOnce?
By default, all day events are set to "Available" or "Free" in your calendar. You should open the event in the calendar and change its status to “Busy." If this does not help, we have some further suggestions.
Why am I receiving a settings conflict when attempting to select a calendar for busy time retrieval?
This is because you are also using the Group sessions setting in the Scheduling options section.
Rate this article