Adding Custom fields to the Salesforce Activity Event layout
The Salesforce setup wizard includes 5 phases: API connection, Installation, Field validation mapping, Field mapping, and Creation rules. In this article, you will learn how to add the Event status and the Cancel/reschedule reason fields to the Activity Event page layout in Salesforce.
When a booking is made, a Salesforce Activity Event is always created and related to a Salesforce Lead, Contact, or Case record. The creation of the activity is only the first step in the booking lifecycle. After the activity is created, it is continuously updated through all phases of the booking lifecycle: Scheduled, Rescheduled, Completed, Canceled, or No-show.
The Event status and the Cancel/reschedule reason fields are provided with the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce managed package and are mapped to ScheduleOnce data. When added to the Event page layout, they are used for updating the Activity with any change in the booking lifecycle:
- Event status: This field indicates the current phase of the booking in the booking lifecycle: Scheduled, Rescheduled, Completed, Canceled, or No-show
- Cancel/reschedule reason: This field adds additional information to the Cancel and Reschedule lifecycle phases by providing the reason given by the customer or owner when they cancel or reschedule a booking.
To add the Event status and the Cancel/reschedule reason fields to the Activity Event layout in Salesforce, you will need:
- A Salesforce Administrator for your organization
- An installed ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce managed package
Add Custom Fields to Activity Event Page Layout in Salesforce
Salesforce provides a simple WYSIWYG editor to customize the Event Page layout. You can drag and drop new elements onto the page, and drag around existing page elements to change the layout to suit your preferences.
To add a custom field to the Activity Event page layout:
- Log in to Salesforce.
In your Salesforce Setup page, go to App Setup > Customize > Activities > Event Page Layouts (see Figure 1).
Figure 1. Event Page Layout in Salesforce.
- On the Event Page Layout page, next to the Layout you wish to work with, click Edit.
On the Event Page Layout editor, customize to your preferences (see Figure 2).
Figure 2. Edit Event Page Layout.
- For example, click and drag the Section element and drop it below the Calendar Details section (see Figure 2).
- Call the new section ScheduleOnce Data and select a 2-column layout.
Click and drag the Cancel/reschedule reason element and drop it in the new section. Do the same with the Event Status element (see Figure 3).
Figure 3. Custom Fields Added.
- When you have completed your edits, click the Save button.
Return to ScheduleOnce and refresh the page. The Installation tab is now updated and shows that you have completed the third step: Event layout page customized (see Figure 4).
Important: The API User must be connected to ScheduleOnce for the page to refresh correctly.
Figure 4. Event Layout Page Customized.
You have completed Step 3 of the Installation phase. Now you can click Continue to start the mapping of ScheduleOnce fields to universally required Salesforce fields.
Learn more about our integration with Salesforce:
- Connect to Salesforce as a ScheduleOnce User
- Configure the Salesforce connector settings
- Scheduling with your existing Salesforce records
- Connect an API User
- Connect ScheduleOnce to your Salesforce sandbox environment
- Install the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce
- Assign the ScheduleOnce permission set to the API User
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to universally required Salesforce fields
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to non-mandatory Salesforce fields
- Salesforce record creation, update and assignment rules
- Supported and non-supported field types in the Salesforce integration
- Troubleshooting Salesforce connector issues
Rate this article