Assigning the ScheduleOnce permission set to the Salesforce API User
The Salesforce setup wizard includes 5 phases: API connection, Installation, Field validation, Field mapping, and Creation rules.In this article, you will learn how to assign the ScheduleOnce permission set to the API user in Salesforce.
Permission Sets in Salesforce define what functions and features your users have access to in Salesforce. To use the ScheduleOnce Connector for Salesforce, you must assign the appropriate permission set to your API user.
The ScheduleOnce permission set assigns permissions to work with Lead, Contact, Case, Account and Activity records. This will allow the ScheduleOnce Connector to create and update records through the API User.
Note: When using the advanced secure mode, you do not need to use the ScheduleOnce permission set and can control the permissions assigned to the connected API User. Learn more about customizing the API User profile when working in advanced secure mode
To assign the ScheduleOnce permission set, you will need:
- A Salesforce Administrator for your organization.
- An installed ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce managed package.
Assign ScheduleOnce Permission Set
To assign the permission set:
- Log in to Salesforce as your API user.
- In your Salesforce Setup page, go to Manage Users > Permission Sets.
On the Permission Sets page, click the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce permission set (see Figure 1).
Figure 1. Select Permission Set.
On the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce permission set page, click the Manage Assignments button (see Figure 2).
Figure 2. Manage Assignments.
On the Assigned Users page, click the Add Assignments button (see Figure 3).
Figure 3. Add Assignments.
On the Assign Users page, check the box next to your API user and click the Assign button and then click Done(see Figure 4).
Figure 4. Assign API User.
Return to ScheduleOnce and see that the Installation tab now says ScheduleOnce Permission set assigned (see Figure 5).
Important: The API User must be connected to ScheduleOnce for the page to refresh correctly.
Figure 5. ScheduleOnce Permission Set Assigned.
You have completed Step 2of the Installation phase. Now you must proceed to Step 3, which is described in the Add custom fields to the Activity Event layout article.
Learn more about our integration with Salesforce:
- Connect to Salesforce as a ScheduleOnce User
- Configure the Salesforce connector settings
- Scheduling with your existing Salesforce records
- Connect an API User
- Connect ScheduleOnce to your Salesforce sandbox environment
- Install the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce
- Add custom fields to the Activity Event layout
- MapScheduleOnce fields to universally required Salesforce fields
- MapScheduleOnce fields to non-mandatory Salesforce fields
- Salesforce record creation, update and assignment rules
- Supported and non-supported field types in the Salesforce integration
- Troubleshooting Salesforce connector issues
Rate this article