Supported and non-supported field types in the Salesforce integration
This article lists all the supported and non-supported field types in our Salesforce integration.
In the Field validation step of the Salesforce setup wizard, you must map ScheduleOnce fields to Salesforce required fields. In the Field mapping step of the Salesforce setup wizard, you can map ScheduleOnce fields to additional Salesforce fields. (see Figure 1)
In the Field validation step of the Salesforce setup wizard, all supported and non-supported Salesforce fields that do not have a default value in your Salesforce organization will be shown. When you choose to assign a ScheduleOnce field to a Salesforce field, only ScheduleOnce fields that are supported by the integration will be shown in the Available fields list.
In the Field mapping step of the Salesforce setup wizard, the system will only show fields that are supported by the integration. Non-supported fields will not be included in the Salesforce or ScheduleOnce field lists.
Figure 1: Field validation and Field mapping
Supported ScheduleOnce field types
Our Salesforce integration supports all ScheduleOnce field types except for checkboxes. This means that most ScheduleOnce System and Custom fields can be mapped to Salesforce fields in both the Field validation step and the Field mapping step of the Salesforce setup wizard.
Non-supported ScheduleOnce field types
The only non-supported ScheduleOnce field type is the checkbox. Any checkbox Custom fields that you are using in your Booking form(s) cannot be mapped to Salesforce fields.
The checkbox field type will not appear in either the Required mapping or Optional mapping steps of the Salesforce setup wizard.
Supported Salesforce field types
The Salesforce integration supports most Salesforce field types. Below are the supported Salesforce field types that can accept data from ScheduleOnce:
- Salesforce picklist fields types can be mapped to ScheduleOnce fields in the Field mapping step. In Salesforce, the Salesforce picklist should include the mapped ScheduleOnce field value. In addition, we recommend that you uncheck the "Strictly enforce picklist values" checkbox in the Salesforce picklist. This will enable Customers to make a booking even when the ScheduleOnce value does not match the Salesforce picklist value. In this case, ScheduleOnce will add the value to the Salesforce picklist.
- Salesforce checkbox field types always have a default value set in Salesforce and will never appear in the Required mapping of the Salesforce connector. You can configure Salesforce workflow rules if you want to add an additional layer of Salesforce fields update logic. Learn more about Using Salesforce workflow rules to update fields based on ScheduleOnce data
Non-supported Salesforce field types
Non-supported Salesforce field types will not be able to accept data from ScheduleOnce and will not appear in the Field mapping step of the Salesforce setup wizard.
In the Validation field mapping step, non-supported Salesforce field types that are universally required fields and do not have a default value set in Salesforce will be indicated. You must ensure that the fields below are not set as Universally required custom fields for the Lead, Contact, Case, Activity Event, or Account objects. Otherwise, new records can't be created in Salesforce when a booking is made. Alternatively, you can set these fields as Required on the Page layout only which means they would only be Required fields for manual entry and not for the API. Learn more about Salesforce Page layouts
Non-supported Salesforce Event standard fields
The following Activity Event Standard fields are not supported and will not appear in the Field mapping step of the Salesforce setup wizard.
If you’re still having problems, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Learn more about our integration with Salesforce:
- Connect to Salesforce as a ScheduleOnce User
- Configure the Salesforce connector settings
- Scheduling with existing Salesforce records
- Connect an API User
- Connect ScheduleOnce to your Salesforce sandbox environment
- Install the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce
- Add custom fields to the Activity Event layout
- Assign the ScheduleOnce permission set to the API User
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to universally required Salesforce fields
- Map ScheduleOnce fields to non-mandatory Salesforce fields
- Salesforce record creation, update and assignment rules
- Troubleshooting Salesforce connector issues
Rate this article